Thursday, September 16, 2010

Paranormal Activity?

Paranormal Activity.  Have you seen the movie?  I actually really liked it.  I went in thinking I was going to be terrified and left thinking what an awesome movie, but I certainly wasn't as scared as I've heard others say they were.  Since we liked the movie, it was no big deal last night to watch a preview for 'Paranormal Activity 2' and then go to bed.

Then.

About 3:30am I woke up to the sound of Max, our older dog, wimpering downstairs.  Now this has been almost routine lately around 5-6am when he wakes up and doesn't want to stay downstairs alone, but not at 3:30 in the morning.  So I walk down the stairs expecting Max waiting at the baby gate to run upstairs, but instead I don't see him.  I quietly call for him and I'm squinting in the dark and I open the baby gate looking further for him.  He's laying in the middle of the floor; moves slightly when he sees me, and is silent.  At this point, I get a bad feeling and my house suddenly looks like the movie!!!  I practically beg Max to come upstairs and he doesn't move, so I close the gate start walking then running back up the stairs, hop under the covers and just look around.

Holy crap, what's going on??  The more I'm silently laying there in bed, the more freaked out I get.  Recall, 90% of the movie plays out in the couples bedroom around the same time of night.  If you've ever freaked yourself out like this you know the more silent time that passes, the worse your mind goes to work so I must admit, I eventually had to wake up Chris, my husband, for some reassurance!!

About 15 minutes later Max is wimpering again, Chris goes down to get him and he hops right up to come upstairs with him. 

Soooo, paranormal activity or do I need to back away from the scary movies?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment