Sunday, August 22, 2010

Time flies

Wow, it has been OVER a month since my last post, whoops! Each time I thought about it, so much had happened that I wasn't sure where to start and of course as more time passed, it became harder and harder.

So, I'm going to do a quick summary of the last month. We were delayed one day in our move frmo AZ to NY because of a moving company miscommunication (3 different companies were involved) but we finally got on the road and made record time. We arrived in VA on schedule so we managed to make up the lost day of travel. We had a WONDERFUL week in VA visiting with family and friends, but it passed entirely too fast.

Then we began the last leg of our trip from VA up to Frot Drum, NY to our new rental home that we had arranged more than a month earlier. Now the fun begins.

The house was a D-U-M-P! We temporarily panicked and decided to stay in a hotel for the night to think on i. Fast forward 24 hours and we were moving into a WONDERFUL townhouse that we couldn't be happier about. It's further from post but it's brand new, gorgeous, the dogs have room to run, and we couldn't be happier! One day later our household goods arrived, and two days later I began work. The next few weeks consisted of unpacking, settling, both sets of parents visiting and here we are with August almost gone, finally having a weekend to relax...ahhhh. :)

I have to say we absolutely LOVE it here. You know when you are young and you color a picture with green grass, blue sky, white clounds, and an A-shaped house in the background? Well, that is what it looks like here.

Here are some things I love abuot the North Country"

Green grass, rolling hills, a constant summer breeze, seeing people's clothes drying on a line outside, friendly people, farmer's market across the street from my office on Wednesday's and a local farmer's market within walking distance on Saturday's (picture to come.) Amish and farmers galore who provide nearly everything I need grocery related on a local level, dogs who have felt at home from day one, and feeling happy and settled in our new home.

Now for a baby update - BOY have I grown. And there was your hint; we just found out we are having a baby boy!!!! Chris and I both met my new doctor and we think he is wonderful. The ultrasound was amazing and we learned that we have a very active little guy who doesn't like to sit still.

Ok, well I think that brings my two followers up to date now, lol. I will be a better blogger, I promise. For now, here are some pictures from the past month of adventures!
21 weeks & 2 days!
Local Farmer's Market finds in NY.

Halfway there - 20 weeks!


Home Sweet Home Pitstop for the dogs and pregnant lady as we drove from AZ to VA!






No comments:

Post a Comment