Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moving Day 1


Well, I survived Moving Day 1. This is my second Army moving experience, and while I am glad that we are not the ones having to do the moving, I really, really dislike the packing/loading days. We have two large dogs (pics to come soon) and so I end up sitting outside with the dogs ALL DAY LONG while the movers are in the house packing. Ugh, such an inconvenience. Anyways, I survived and they did leave before 4pm so all in all it wasn't so bad. I am going to complain about one of the packers though. She was eating Fritos while packing up my kitchen and honestly a 5 year old could eat with less mess than her. Fritos all over the counter, Fritos dropped on the floor and then stepped on, a yellow ring on the counter from her drink - I'm guessing Mountain Dew. Moving Day 2 starts in a couple of hours when they are pack to finish packing. C (C refers to husband) is picking up the UHaul before his last day of class today. We didn't get the upgrade in UHaul size we were hoping for, so we'll get to sleep on a lovely air mattress for a while. Let's just hope our stuff doesn't really take a month to get to NY as they say it will.

Well, I guess I should prepare for Day #2. Today the dogs and I will stay inside, though, since they are done packing the room with the dogs crates. In the mean time, here's a picture taken at the end of Day #1. Can you spot one of our dogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment